Technology and Arts
While in the computer lab, the students are engaged in learning instruction in word processing, a variety of multimedia applications, and the appropriate use of the internet. Sacred Heart School uses the PowerSchool Program to better enable parents and teachers in grades 3 - 8 to easily stay in communication with one another. We offer the following:
- Technology instruction begins in grades PreK-8. We have a full service lab that includes 20 computers.
- A full time technology instructor who works with all grades twice a week.
- An accelerated math and reading program to encourage achievement and allow students to progress according to their own capabilities.
- Instruction in word-processing, a variety of multi-media applications, and the appropriate use of the Internet.
- Math Facts In a Flash, a computer based innovative way to improve students' mathematical computational skills.
- Many classrooms feature Promethean Interactive Boards.
Sacred Heart School offers a variety of educational programs in addition to self-contained classroom instruction.
We offer music class to all grades in PreK- 8 twice a week. We have a band and choir for students in grades 5-8. We hold a talent show each year for the children to participate in and to show their wonderful individual talents. We also have a Christmas program each year that incorporates singing, instruments and a drama production.
These programs enrich each student’s learning experience and serve to advance the overall educational objectives of the school.