Who Are We?
Sacred Heart School, located in Desoto County, Mississippi, exists for the dual purpose of faith formation and quality education for all children. Sacred Heart School welcomes children from all faith traditions. The school expresses faith and service.
SHS Mission Statement
Sacred Heart School is a Catholic environment dedicated to developing young people whose actions reflect knowledge, respect, and integrity.
Sacred Heart School, as a ministry of Sacred Heart Southern Missions, will become a community leader that models the parallel development of exemplary education, moral and environmental responsibilities, physical fitness, and the ideals of the Heart of Christ.
We believe that:
- Teaching the tenets of the Catholic faith endows our students with the moral conscience to serve humanity actively and to care for the environment with integrity.
- A solid academic foundation produces future citizens who are able to think critically and who are prepared to succeed.
- Embracing ethnic, cultural, and religious diversity inspires compassion.
- Student experiences in Christ-centered team sports which develop character.
- A stable and diverse faculty makes a critical difference in meeting the needs of a diverse student body.
- Policy Statement
- Sacred Heart School adheres to the policies of the Catholic Diocese of Jackson, of Sacred Heart Southern Missions, and of the Department of Education of the State of Mississippi.
Sacred Heart School admits students of any race, color, gender or national origin to the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school. Catholic schools seek primarily to serve Catholic parents who want a Catholic education for their children. Children of other faith traditions may be accepted if enrollment openings are available.