Sacred Heart School is a fully accredited school, offering a pre-kindergarten through eighth grade educational program. The school adheres to the policies of the Diocese of Jackson, Mississippi, the Mississippi Department of Education, and Sacred Heart Southern Missions. The following policies have been formulated in relation to student admissions. The Educational Institutions of the Diocese respect parents as primary educators of their children and provide learning opportunities in an atmosphere which reinforces the educational and formational priorities occurring within the home environment. Parents freely choose to share their parental authority and responsibility for the education and formation of their children with the Catholic school/center in a cooperative relationship. (See Diocesan Policy #5102.1)
The school/center respects the dignity of the child and is required to comply with all applicable federal and state anti-discrimination laws (See Diocesan Policy #1610) in determining acceptance of a student into a school/center. Children of other religions may be accepted if enrollment openings are available unless attendance would cause conflict for the child because of the unique religious philosophy of our schools/centers.
Catholic schools/centers offer programs of education and formation for children and youth to all who are willing and able to live within the religious, academic, behavioral, and attitudinal requirements of the school and whose parents/guardians demonstrate a desire to have the school assist them in their parental role as primary educators of their children. Catholic school/centers shall not be a refuge for parents/students who seek to avoid disciplinary consequences, and/or educational placement in another school.
- Families are admitted into the school community when, on the basis of a personal interview, the principal/director or his/her designee judges the interest and motivation of parents and student to be in accord with the philosophy of Catholic education.
- Schools/centers are to develop a screening process for all new students entering the institution. All students are on probation during the first semester of their attendance at a Catholic school/center. During the first semester probationary period, the school/center shall determine whether or not it can meet the needs of the student. Notification of the probationary period shall be placed in the student/parent handbook.
- In the admission of students to Catholic Educational Institutes, priority consideration shall be given as listed below. Any questions regarding these criteria are to be forwarded to the Office of Catholic Schools.
- To all children currently enrolled in Sacred Heart School.
- To children of families with siblings currently enrolled in the school/center.
- To the children of parishioners (in the case of a parish school).
- To children from other Catholic parishes
- To children of other Faith Traditions.
- School/centers should strive to have financial assistance programs available for students from low income families.
- While continuing efforts to maintain and highlight Catholic character and identity, schools will continue to enroll students of all races, religions and cultures. (See Diocesan Policy #5102R)
* Any student who has been expelled from another school or who has withdrawn from a school during a school-mandated suspension may not be admitted to Sacred Heart School.
* Re-enrollment of each student is on a year-to-year basis. All required forms must be returned and fees paid before placement is assured, including application and registration information. A non-refundable application fee is required at the time of application.
Ages required to attend school are set forth by the Mississippi Department of Education and are as follows:
- A student must have had his/her 4th birthday on or before September 1st to be eligible to attend pre-kindergarten.
- A student must have had his/her 5th birthday on or before September 1st to be eligible to attend kindergarten.
- A student must have had his/her 6th birthday on or before September 1st to be eligible to attend 1st.
* Vacancies must exist within the established state-mandated teacher/pupil ratio.
How to Enroll
Enrollment to Sacred Heart School is easy. Simply call, visit or email using the contact information below; however, to help get you started, please review the step-by-step directions. We look forward to working with you during the upcoming school year, both in academic learning and in faith development.
Download our Admission Application
Download our School Tuition Information PDF
STEP 1. DETERMINE YOUR STUDENT'S ELIGIBILITY
- Children entering pre-kindergarten must be 4 years old on or before September 1.
- Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1.
- Children entering first grade must be 6 years old on or before September 1.
STEP 2. APPLY
Download application and submit to Sacred Heart School or apply at Sacred Heart School. Our contact information is as follows:
Sacred Heart School
5150 Tchulahoma Road
Southaven, MS 38671
Fax - 662-349-0690
STEP 3. GATHER NEEDED DOCUMENTS
To be considered for admission to Sacred Heart School the following documents must be submitted for each child:
- Completed application form
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Immunization Compliance, Form 121 – up to date
- Students who have previously attended school should submit their latest report card and standardized test scores, if available.
- For Catholic families only, a Catholic Verification Form signed by your priest.
- Application fee of $100 – non-refundable
STEP 4. ASSESSMENT
Every new student applying to Sacred Heart School must take an assessment test. After the application has been turned in and all of the necessary documents received, an appointment for the assessment will be set up.
STEP 5. FAMILY ASSESSMENT
Families are admitted into the school community when, on the basis of a personal interview, the principal/director or his/her designee judges the interest and motivation of parents and students to be in accord with the philosophy of Catholic education.
STEP 6. REGISTRATION
Parents will be notified within 2 weeks after the assessment test has been administered as to whether your child has been accepted. Registration paperwork will be mailed or picked up in the school office. The registration paperwork, registration fee, material fee, standardized test fee, and activity fee should be returned to Sacred Heart School as soon as possible.
- One Child: $125.00
- Two or More Children: $150.00
- Material fee: $40 per child in grades PK-8
- Standardized test fee: $40.00 per child in grades 3-8
- Activity fee: $53 per child in grades PK-8
- Technology fee: $100 per child or $200 per 2 or more
Note: All fees are due at registration and are non-refundable.
Spread your tuition balance over monthly installments. Payment Methods Offered: Credit Card, Automatic Bank Draft<
Pay your tuition in two installments.
Payment Methods Offered: Credit Card, Automatic Bank Draft
Payment in Full:
FACTS is a quick, secure method for paying your tuition balance in full.
Payment Methods Offered: Credit Card, Automatic Bank Draft